We have a week to get our S**T together for this journey. It is fun trying to pack for Bangkok and Hong Kong where we will be coping with heat and high humidity....to Alaska where it will be chilly and possibly wet! It is evident that 2 suitcases will be asolutely required to hold all that and my dress up sparklies for the cruise.
We have plans made for about 50% of the port stops; Vietnam will be neat as we are with a small group who will be together for the 2 days. We are taking a river tour so will be out in the rural areas to see how the people live. I can hardly wait!
My cousin Brian has plans for us in Hong Kong, where we will stay at his home for 10 days, and he will be travelling with us to Bangkok for a few days to be our personal tour guide. We are so fortunate as he has lived in Asia for many years and Bangkok is his favourite holiday destination.
I have to thank Mom and Dad for the title of this blog.....they stole it from Willy Nelson years ago when they were travelling full time in their various RVs around Canada and the US. I think it fits for this journey.
Later........Laurel and Michael
I like your blog so far!!!! And I'm not sure about the title as you won't be "on the road" maybe you need to tweak it a bit to your style of travel.... "on the water again". Can't wait to read the updates and watch your bridge cam, what is the name of the ship again? I'm sure it'l be in here somewhere.
ReplyDeleteNever mind I see the link on this page for the web came, awesome!!!
ReplyDelete