Today is another beautiful hot day on the South China Sea...many ships passing, sunny and puffy clouds. We had breakfast delivered at 8:30 and have plans to attend a talk about Vietnam, then a pub lunch, a little laundry,then swimming, Happy Hour and dinner. Cruising is one great vacation!
We are going ashore with a group of people from our cruise critic group, we hope being with a local guide and a small group will make our Vietnam experience more real.
Mike wants to say that we have seen many oil rigs out here in the South China Sea...did not get too close so did not see any people!
Off to the Princess Theatre...............
Helloooo Michael and Laurel from the great Pacific Northwest!! I have finally caught yup with you! I've been too busy with work and school (some people have to, you know!), but am now able to free up some time for traveling! Love Love Love the blog so far - great descriptions of lovely far-away sights and sounds. I can' smell the air just from your words of it. Like Derek used to say, "Never trust air you can't see!" Speaking of silk. I was shopping in Macy's yesterday and found a lovely wrap that is just begging for billowy silk pants. I asked the sales clerk if she had any and she said, "Oh, I don't know, would you like some black denim jeans?" WHAT the heck is up with that??? Let me think, hmmm, silk? denim? silk? denim? I may have to fly to Bangkok for some if this little twit is any indication of the current state of sales clerks!
ReplyDeleteMy dear daughter and son-in-law have just returned from a wine trip in Chile and Argentina. Cisco has a lovely way with words, and I think I piled on the pounds reading his descriptions of their meals and wines. They carried back a case of wine and shipped several others home. They're crazy! But what fun you are having too, speaking of crazy! Do you speak any of the languages you're running into? At least enough to tell the taxi driver where you want to go, or to ask for the ladies room? But of course on board, I'm sure English is predominate, eh?
I have to sign off now and write another blinking term paper. Lord will this never end?!! Frank has promised me a motor trip to Manitoba in the summer of 10 for a graduation present, and I won't let him forget. We'll bring the oysters!
lovya lots,
marnie
We've had a fine day so far... Grandma is here for the evening and Eric, Caroline and Colin were over for a visit. Grandma and I are going to make tarts tonight, and play Wii. Grandma was worried about you while you were in Bankock, she is glad you have moved on. We look forward to your next blog.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Dena, Jason, and Grandma.